Friday, November 6, 2009

Nested Poinsettia


What a lovely Spellbinders die. I think it's my favourite so far... and when I found some lovely red velvet in Thailand I just had to buy some to bring back and play with it!

We had a Spellbinders class this week and then a free Make-and-Take on Friday. Here are some of the creations:

You can't see it on any of these photos (because I forgot to photograph that card) but the flower looks great if you fold the velvet over and you put the two layers through the Cuttlebug at one time. It ends up cutting the velvet and embossing the edges! Saves time and it looks amazing...

As for the cool ''sanded effect" we just used Cor'dinations cardstock. It has an outside colour and an inner colour. You reveal the inner colour by putting the card through the cuttlebug and then sanding it. It's a hit!

So there you have it. Great looking cards that are really easy to make. Have a great weekend. I'm off to Christchurch to sing and dance at rehearsals...

No comments:

Post a Comment