Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Scrapping - Meet Tanya

Hi Everyone - hope this Sunday finds you rested for the week ahead.
Our Design Team have been busy! Did you see the great posts this week from Shirl, Joanne, Tina and Lowri


Plenty of inspiration there for lots of LOVELY projects using the new Kaisercraft Collections!  We also have heaps of other new products and tools in the shop - so take a look here.

We have already had a few entries into the challenge - please see our Challenge Launch for details and send your entries to artfullcraftsdt@gmail.com. We love to see them and the week of February 20th we will be featuring all the wonderful entries to our challenge.

You can win some wonderful goodies from the new Kaisercraft Collections!


SUNDAY SCRAPPING
Meet The Design Team
For our feature this week we are meeting another member of our Design Team - Tanya Leigh.

Tanya is a very talented scrapbooker from Christchurch who uses products in wonderful ways. Here she shares with us three of her favourite projects, and tells us more about her scrapboooking style...


How were you introduced to scrapbooking?
I started making cards 13 years ago and was introduced to scrapbooking at a card class 8 years ago. I always said I would never scrapbook...what did i know!

What inspires you for layouts, projects, cards?

I get a lot from the internet and mags but also can be inspired by reading Home and Garden or NZ House and Garden Mags, signs around town, pretty much everything in every day life.
Class of 1980
This would be my favourite layout so far. My class photo from 1980, don't laugh..LOL!! I love making flowers and made these flowers using my punches. This layout was also done using a sketch but not one of mine.

What other project types do you like to work on besides scrapbook pages?
I used to do OTP and loved doing them but not so much anymore. Pretty much just do layouts now.

What is your favourite scrapbook brand and why?
There is so many brands out there and with new ones coming out all the time it's so hard to have a favourite one but I do LOVE Teresa Collins products. She has a large product range so it fits pretty much anything.

What scrapbooking tools/products can you not do without?
Can't do without my paper trimmer, patterned paper and my pinecone ink. I pretty much use pinecone ink on everything.

KBR Retreat
I love how this layout came together. I loved doing all the cutting, layering etc. I even used prima packaging as part of the layering. My friends came and stayed for the weekend and we had a mini retreat and scrapped all weekend. Was bliss!

What is your current favourite technique or embellishment?
My favourite embellishment is the flower, I love flowers and I love making different ones. I have been making different types of flowers lately for my layouts. Flowers look great on those male layouts to.

What do you hope to try or improve on this year?
I love shabby chic and would love to do more of it on my layouts. I want to take more photo's this year so I brought project life, the perfect thing to take more photo's. At least one a day..LOL!!

"Perfect"
This photo of my wee Noah was taken when he was a baby and has taken me until last year to scrap it. I used one of my sketches from my sketch blog for the layout of this. I have used glimmermist and diamond dust on this. I also made the flowers for this layout with packaging from a paper pack


What advice can you give to people just beginning to enjoy scrapbooking?
I would say start small. There are so many things to look at and buy and you can be given so much info, tips and techniques it can be so overwhelming. If I was only just starting to scrapbook now I would do a project like a mini album that I could start and finish....like a mini album that Lowri has been showing on the blog. It's nice to start something and see an end to it.

Do you have a blog?
Yes I do, you can find me here http://tanyaleigh.wordpress.com/ 

Thanks Tanya for sharing your wonderful projects and a little more about yourself.

Don't forget to e-mail your challenge entries to artfullcraftsdt@gmail.com and check out all the latest wonderful products in the shop here. This is going to be another busy week on the blog - so stay tuned to see more great projects from the Design Team.

1 comment:

  1. Tanya - LOVE that Class of 1980 layout - especially how you have created the backgrounds. Love how you use texture in your LO's
    Lowri

    ReplyDelete