Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lowri - Bits and Pieces!

Hi Everyone - Lowri here

I have a couple of bits and pieces to show you today - mainly projects that I have been trying to finish for a while!

Class of '87 Mini Album
I have made this in advance of my son starting school in May. My Mum will be staying with us and I am going to take heaps of pics on his first day, fill it with his art from his school visits and first day so she can take it back to the UK when she goes home. It will be great for her to be here as it is a real milestone!


I have used the technique shown in the tutorial on my blog here to make the book and then embellished it with a few goodies from the collection. 


From the Class of '87 Collection I have used the Sports Day and Science Project patterned papers  as well as the B/W rubons,Colour rubons and a couple of elements from the 6x6 paper pad.


To make the flag I cut an element from the Sports Day paper, mounted it onto come chipboard to give it some body and then cut around it again. I used used a bamboo kitchen skewer to make the flagpole part!

 

I am excited about getting it filled up with some great pics!


Nan's Favourites Cards
Now - I am not much of a cardmaker but I like this collection so much I thought I would try and make a couple!


Here I have used one of the Recipe Cards from the Collection as a card base and simple added a journal element from the 6x6 paper pad, a cut out piece from the Lemon Slice paper and a Chipboard Lemon! A piece of garden twine round the fold of the card just adds a rustic feel.


I got the idea for this from a card on the front of a magazine and I thought it was really neat. It's the first time I have used a black outline pen so the lines are a little wobbly. I probably should have inked the edges of the pieces too for more definition - but it was a first attempt! It was a great way to use up the scraps I had from my other projects. I have used the garden twine again - just 'cos it looked so good the first time!


Easter Cupcakes
I made these flowers a while ago one afternoon (you can see how on my blog here) and I was wondering how to use them. I have used some old Cosmo Cricket paper - but it is a great idea for using up some scraps you might have lying around...
I used some as cupcake toppers and stuck some onto kitchen bamboo skewers for using as a "bouquet".




It's just a simple and fun idea :-)

Hope you have enjoyed these and don;t forget to enter our challenge to win a spot on the Design Team for a month. All the details are here.

Lowri :-)

1 comment: