Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lindsey - Father's Day

Good morning everyone - Lindsey here with a couple of layouts for Father's Day (or is it Fathers' Day? - I'm never too sure where that darned apostrophe is supposed to go). Hopefully you all managed to get some photos of the men in your lives last Sunday. Unfortunately, whilst I was busily cooking Sunday lunch for nine, I missed a golden opportunity to get together three of the men in my life with their children who had arrived from various corners of New Zealand to celebrate this special day. I have been kicking myself ever since!

Anyway, The first is for my granddaughter's album. Last year, the girls got up early and cooked their daddy a special breakfast and served it to him in bed.




The papers are Basic Grey "Out of Print" - except for the polka dot one which is Pink Paislee "Fascinating". The flowers are Prima Petunia Nocturne. There are a couple of clocks there which I cut from some Websters Pages Ladies and Gents - Time of My Life) and the little rub-on clock is a Kaisercraft one. The pearl flourish is also Kaisercraft. The title letters are Websters.

The second layout is my son-in-law's lovely father. We don't see enough of him unfortunately as he lives in Exeter in the UK. 




The two backing papers (red and grey stripe) are Basic Grey "Oliver". Chopped around the edge with the EC Success border punch. The bowler hat and red papers are by Graphic 45 "A Proper Gentleman" as is the car on the tag. I put a thin layer of Dimensional Magic over the car. Not sure where those flowers came from but the metal bits on top are Tim Holtz "Foliage" and the metal "Sprockets" do-dads are his also. The lace is Prima and I chopped up a piece of chipboard flourish and inked it black. I have no idea where I got the metal "M" on the tag. Just had it ages. I didn't know where to put the title and, in the end, I just cut out "A Proper Gentleman" from the strip at the bottom of the Graphic 45 paper. Oh I forgot to say that I actually used a spray on the grey stripe to make it look a bit more distressed (Adirondick - Mushroom). Bit scary as I put the layout into a box and aimed the spray, held my breath and squirted. It's all a bit random. I like to have a bit more control over things. The whole layout was based on a sketch from Pagemaps.

I don't know whether I am the only crazy person who does this but .... each granddaughter has her own album so I have to do a Father's Day (or whatever the event is) page for each girl's album (obviously). The first page was for Sophie's album and the next one is for Emily's album.


I have used the Basic Grey "Hello Luscious" papers once again (just love this). The alphabet is Basic Grey's "Life of the Party" and the rub-on is Kaisercraft's "Moments". I made that filmstrip myself with a piece of black paper and a very old punch which didn't work properly and caused me to get in a bit of a strop but I got there in the end. I had my chum Sheryll sitting with me when I made this page and she just ignored me when I started getting all hot under the collar about the punch not working. It's generally best to ignore me when I'm having a tantrum - as my husband can verify.

I have yet to decide whether the baby will need a page for her first ever Father's Day appearance. Actually, no I don't even need to think about it because I have to treat each one exactly the same so if the two older girls have pages then the baby must have one too. Back to the scrapbooking room but I just hope I don't have to use that blinkin' punch again!

I hope you like them. Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts Lindsey! The 3rd one is my fave, very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous LOs Lindsey! I am sure you can get a filmstrip die - has Tim put one out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls. I really do appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey - these are fabulous!! I love all the little details especially the die cut paper on the last one.
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the colours in your last layout and the background of the big scalloped circle. Did you make it yourself or did the paper come like that? Would love to know the trick if there is one.... (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages Lindsey, I wish I had more time to scrap. Love Tina, Aust.

    ReplyDelete