Friday, December 16, 2011

Sandy - Merry Christmas Tags

Hi, it's Sandy here on Tip Tuesday. I thought I'd share some tips for photographing your Christmas projects. For those of you who facebook, blog or submit your projects for publication; Christmas is the perfect opportunity to jazz up your pictures with some fun staging. Here are three ideas to try.





My December 25 Tag is fairly large-sized measuring 2.75"x5". I sat it on a saucer and propped it up on a teacup. Then threw down some tinsel to create a festive mood. You want to frame tightly on your tag so that the tinsel meanders in and out of your picture anchoring the main image.







In this one, I placed a Christmas wreath on top of a sheet of textured wrapping paper. Then placed two smaller tags against the bottom edge of the wreath. Again crop in tightly on the tags so that only part of the wreath shows up in the picture. That way it works to enhance the mood but isn't too distracting in the background.







You can also give your project a whimsical treatment like this. I placed my giftcard holder between the handles of a binder clip (some people call it a bull dog clip). Sat the clip on a baking tray and encircled the clip with tinsel to hide it. To add an element of surprise, I tilted my camera slightly before snapping.



Supplies : Best Creation Merry Christmas (Christmas Labels, Red Swirl Bells, Element Stickers, Expressions Chipboards, Combo Stickers, 6x6 Papers), Maple Treehouse ribbon, Basic Grey Bling It

No comments:

Post a Comment