Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lowri - Valentine's Mini Bookmark Album!

Hi Everyone - Lowri here -Valentine's Day is fast approaching and I have a few more ideas to share this week. I saw this idea at the weekend and I just had to try it!

It's a 3-D, open-up card, love message bookmark kind of thing - and it's a really fun idea!

I based it on the great tutorial shown here on the Word Up, Nerd Up blog. I used 3 sheets from the Echo Park Yours Truly 6 x 6 Paper pad (trimmed to exactly 6 x 6 inches) to create the pages, Elements Stickers from the Echo Park "Yours Truly" Collectionalong with a few Rhinestones to decorate
The bookmark is based along the same lines of a "squash" album and instead of hand cutting the hearts as shown in the tutorial, I used my Cuttlebug and 3" heart die to cut the pages. I marked the die to show where I needed to place the paper each time so all the pages would line up (see below)

I then cut 2 complete hearts from a fourth sheet of paper to create the two covers, and then attached them to double sided adhesive chipboard for extra weight.


Each page completely opens up (even after it is glued together for you to write your messages of love :-)


This would make such a great bookmark, or even just a little mini-album.

Lowri

Please post a comment with any questions

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lowri
    this is beautiful! Pity I only see it now. But will just use it for Easter instead :-)
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment on my cake in a jar.
    got me to visit you. i am your newest follower and would be honored if you would like to follow back, but no hard feelings if not :-)
    love
    Jutta

    ReplyDelete