Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lisa with some Cards to share using Echo Park...

Hi Everyone. Lisa here. Today I have some cards made using one of Echo Parks' ranges called "Victoria Gardens". Do you ever find that you really love a particular range so you order it (well in this case ask Liz for some..lol) then you get it & try to create & it just doesn't happen for you? Well that happens to me sometimes. As frustrating as it is it's not about the beautiful paper its about finding out how YOU work best with this paper! I know its not the gorgeous paper as thousands of other people around the world have created gorgeous projects with it! I know - I googled it! Hmmm.....I hope someone knows what I'm on about, I'm not just a crazy lady!


Here is my first card. For me getting the paper to work for me was was about adding black, yes black as a base & contrast! Why didn't I realise that earlier...I don't know. But, when I did finally figure it out I loved the look. I have made this a centre opening card & then the extra panel is stuck on to one side but sits central when closed.I kept the card pretty simple by layering & mounting, slipping the black in between. A flower, some wire, tag & a pearl.
 


My next card I started with landscape base then mounted by alternating the black card & pink patterned paper. I added some flowers,pearls & seam binding to complete the card.


Next up is an even simpler card, lately the simple clean look is my thing. Maybe a bit hard to see in the photo but I embossed the black base using a embossing folder in my cuttle bug. A Swiss Dot folder which is my favourite. It adds texture to the card without too much fuss. A pink panel of patterned paper, a piece from the journal sheet, some bakers twine, a brad, pearl & simple sentiment stamp.

 

Here are some small gift tags I made whilst I had the paper out, I hope you like them.
I very rarely get my scrapping stuff out & just make one card or layout, I need to make the most of all the bits & pieces whilst they are out. Otherwise they get put away perhaps never to be seen again.
  
When you're stuck where do you go for inspiration? For me its the internet & magazines. Do you have paper in your stash that you have struggled to create with? What works for you? We love to read your comments.

Have a great day.

Lisa

P.S. Don't forget about Centre Stage If you don't know what I'm talking about you better check out the link!






 

2 comments:

  1. That's so weird. I have a half made card on my table and Victoria Gardens paper strewn around. I love the colours and patterns but, like you, it isn't coming together. Black! Genius! Now I know what to do. Watch this space .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used silver with mine, but it looks great with the black! love the card with the black swiss dot embossing!

    ReplyDelete