Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sandy - This & That Charming Layouts

Sandy with two Echo Park layouts today. I am thrilled Liz brought in the This & That Charming  collection. It has wonderful elements like crosswords, rulers, numbers which are so versatile for scrapbooking.


Although summer is nearly over in New Zealand, we get tropical heat all year round in Singapore. That accounts for my fascination with fans, especially vintage ones. This 8.5"x11" layout captures the story of finding and restoring one for my craftroom. You can see a couple of quirky touches in the close-up below : flag-tails fluttering in the 'breeze' and a loopy border strip to suggest electrical cording.  


Sometimes an occasion or memory doesn't have an accompanying photo. I don't let that stop me from scrapping the story and enjoy the opportunity to use design elements contribute to create a suitable background. I started by scraplifting the diagonal layout of a concert poster, making a pocket beneath the crossword paper to hold my journalling.


Then as I was repositioning the layout for photography, I chanced upon an alterative composition. Which one do you prefer ?


Cool! layout Echo Park Supplies : This & That Charming (Vintage Fans, Numbers, Border Strips, Journaling Cards,Tickets Please) This and That Graceful Dots, For the Record (Element Stickers, Alpha Stickers), Be Mine Black Cardstock

Sudoku layout Echo Park Supplies : This & That Charming (Tickets Please, Yardsticks, Journalling Cards) For the Record Alpha Stickers, This & That Graceful Cream Cardstock

2 comments:

  1. Very cool layout Sandy.... hahaha. It is really awesome but I just couldn't resist :)

    ReplyDelete