Friday, May 25, 2012

Lisa with a layout using Kaisercrafts' Great Southern Land....

Hi Everyone. Lisa here. Today I have a layout to share using Kaisercrafts' Great Southern Land range.
If you haven't seen this range yet, you should really check it out! It is such a versatile range. It is ideal for Australian themed projects, travel projects, masculine projects to name just a few. In my last post I focused on the gorgeous greens & browns in the range to team up with my Rain forest & flora photos. Today I focused more on the rich reds & browns to work in with my Autumn themed photos & the absolutely gorgeous leaves from the shop.



I have used a rich red/brown patterned paper from the range as my base paper. I gently distressed the edges then inked with Tim Holtz distress ink.
I then chose a lighter piece of patterned paper & created a large scalloped circle die cut using my new toy...a Lucky 8 punch from We R Memory Keepers. Basically these punches allow you to create a large die cut just by punching each corner or your page, you then flip your page & punch four more times.
At this stage we don't have these in the shop, but I can tell you Liz loves them too! So, watch this space! 
I used Tim Holtz Distress ink -Walnut stain & Antique linen to darken the die cut to help bring it all together.

I kept this layout pretty simple, I added my photos, a journal tag, a rub on, some pearls & the gorgeous Autumn leaves.
I also gently sanded the edges of my photos. I like to do this sometimes, as the photos can look to crisp against all the warm tonings. 






I have made a couple of gift tags using the tags from the Specialty paper die cut sheet. Sometimes you need a little tag for a gift that maybe for a male or someone who isn't in to pretty or fussy bits & pieces. So these are perfect. I just layered the die cut tags on to patterned paper, some more distress inking, some gorgeous ribbons, pearls & staples.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day.

Lisa







No comments:

Post a Comment