Sunday, May 20, 2012

Q&A with Teresa Collins and BEST of the DT!


Hi Everyone - Lowri here.

Today we are THRILLED to welcome Teresa Collins to the Artfull Crafts blog and she has given us some fabulous insight into not only her life but her creative process as well. Later on today we will be posting the answers to the questions we asked about design and manufacturing - it's a must-read!

Lets also take a look at some f the fabulous work created by the Artfull Crafts Design Team using Teresa's products (available in the shop here) Click on the name below to be taken to the blog post.

  1. Betsy
  2. Sandy
  3. Lindsey
  4. Lowri
  5. Christine
Now let's jump to Teresa's Q&A!

Describe yourself and how long you have been acting on the Crafting Stage?
I am always on the go. I am a girly girl who loves skirts, funky jewelry, glitter, sushi, home decor and traveling. I am most happy when I'm with my family- they are my #1 in my heart and happiness.  I love designing and it's NONSTOP in my life. I am inspired by the everyday and love to take photos. I have been designing for ten years now and I love it. I love all things ornate, classic, sophisticated and chic. 

Please share with us a brief synopsis of the Teresa Collins Designs story and don’t forget to tell us anything that sets you apart.
I started to scrapbook when my mother passed away unexpectedly. I was consumed with grief and I turned to "telling her story" through scrapbooking to help me heal. I am 100% about journaling and documenting the real and everyday moments. I believe that scrapbooking has helped me to express my heartfelt feelings and gratitude for life and my family. I simply use my home decor background to do it in a way that reflects my need to "decorate my pages and story." I love projects that make you go WOW... it's so pretty but is packed with REALNESS and meaning. 


As owner, what part of your job gives you the most joy?
Seeing others love what I design and knowing I have helped them to tell tell their story. It's so important to me to know that I'm making a difference and hopefully inspiring others along the way with my products and when I teach students around the world.

Where do you think the papercraft industry is heading and what major trends do you see developing for 2012?
It is crazy, but I continue to grow every year!!! There is always going to be a need for beautiful products for crafters. I believe it's important to remember that I'm designing products that are easy to use and are timeless. (long shelf life). Major trends...hmmmm... well, I can't share that because I am using those in my upcoming collections. 

How do you use Social Media to keep your audience clapping?
I have the best design team and Social Media director. It is vital to have "cheerleaders" who love and believe in your products. It is a big task to balance the Social Media aspect of what I am doing.

Don't forget to check back later for more Q&A with Teresa Collins!

Please post a comment if you have any questions
Lowri :-)



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Teresa! Great questions and answers :-)

    ReplyDelete