Thursday, October 11, 2012

Teresa - Butterfly Kisses Layout

Hello! It's Teresa here with my very first post for Artfull Crafts.

Here's a layout I put together with the beautiful and bright new collection from KaiserCraft called Butterfly Kisses:

 
Told you it was bright! 
 
The specialty paper I used as my base has the butterfly wings already die cut. This took half the work out of putting the layout together.  The rest of the layout involved a lot of foam mounting and creating lots of layers. Here's a side view so you can see what I mean:
 
 
The KaiserCraft Collectables pack of die cuts makes adding little details so easy. If you're anything like me, and love the fussy-cut look but don't have the time or patience to produce it, the Collectables are for you!
 
One embellishment I did put together myself was the little word flags poking out the top of the centre photo.  I put together a mini tutorial for you to see how quickly they came together.
 
 
Step 1
Adhere the words from the Collectibles pack to scraps of KaiserCraft cardstock.
 

 
Step 2
Place some glue (I prefer PVA for these jobs) on the back, place a toothpick in the glue and fold the cardstock over.

 
 
Step 3
Trim the cardstock down to create a long flag, and cut a chevron into the end opposite the toothpick.
 
 
If you don't have the right word in the Collectibles pack, you could stamp one or even write your word out by hand.
 
I hope you've found this post useful. I'll be back soon to show you what I made with the mess left on the desk from putting together this layout.
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your layout and am going to file it for future reference. Thank you for the idea of the flags - love it!!! Congrats on your first post :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Teresa! Had to buy this paper cos of you, when I was in AC today!!! Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Christine! I'm a terrible enabler....that being said, it is gorgeous paper and I'm sure you'll make something wonderful with it :)

      Delete