Thursday, November 22, 2012

Lowri - Echo Park Advent Calendar

Hi Everyone - Lowri here to show you my Echo Park / Kasiercraft Advent Calendar.

Also - if you swing by my blog and comment on this project - you can win an Echo Park Collection Pack too!

Advent Calender
  

This Advent Calendar looks so festive decorated with the This and That Christmas Collection. I tried to pick papers that gave it a Nordic feel, with lots of paler colors and splashes of red. The calendar base is from Kaisercraft and is easy to put together. If you follow this short video here on YouTube you can construct the frame in about 10 minutes.


To cover the boxes in paper I glue each box individually then cover the 2 sides and back of the box with one strip of paper, cutting a separate piece for the front face. Other people have quicker ways of doing this but I do not think they give as nice a finish. You just need to try and see which works best for you.
 
This particular calendar has a shadow-box central area which is a great place to create a Christmas Scene. I have used elements from the digital collection so I could re-size and print certain images the right size, but the paper collection offers heaps of lovely embellishments you could easily use. I have also added some little presents - so cute!


To create the woodgrain effect, I inked the edges with Distress Ink and used a woodgrain stamp over the top with Stayzon brown ink.


Be sure to link up any projects you create to our Gallery - where you can win heaps of fabulous prizes EACH WEEK - all the information here!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the inked and stamped wooden edges. Saves all that painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to get the woodgrain effect - I thought it came like that!

    ReplyDelete