Monday, November 26, 2012

Sandy - Peek-a-Boo Christmas Ornament

Hi it's Sandy sharing something I made for the mantel decoration. This year I'm going with a colour scheme of gold, silver, black and woodgrain. Since nothing in the shops fit this palette, I decided to create my own using simple paper construction methods.




I love the effect of twinkling lights reflecting off translucent vellum so I created the basic shape of my ornament using Christina Re Speciality Papers. Then an outer covering of Echo Park with it's doily and woodgrain pattern is added. To add some glamour and glitz I gathered some Websters Pages mesh trim into a flower and added a Jenni Bowlin plaster doily painted over with metallic gold acrylic. Finally a Karen Forster Sparkle Burst Brad completes my ornament.

Wishing everyone happy Christmas crafting !


Supplies : Christina Re Transparency Provincal White, Echo Park This & That Christmas Wooden Nickels, Echo Park Everyday Eclectic Kraft Doily,  Websters Pages Let's Celebrate Trim, Kaisercraft Wooden Flourishes Blossoms, Jenni Bowlin Doily Flower, Satin Ribbon Gold, Dazzling Metallics Paint Splendid Gold, Karen Forster Sparkle Burst Brads  

3 comments: