Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sandy - Winter Minibook


Hi it's Sandy. Living in tropical Singapore I rarely get the chance to use Winter collections. There just isn't any good reason to put snowmen, mittens or sleighs on my pages. So I'm thrilled to be commissioned to create a mini-album about a ski-trip. Finally scrapping about snow !


I build this 16-page album using papers and tags of various sizes. All are folded in half and bound together by sewing a running stitch through each spine and securing them with kettle stitches. To keep the album pretty flat I didn't use bulky embellishments. 


My favourite element is the stag silhouette which I handcut from a woodgrain paper. I was inspired by the latest Bond movie Skyfall. They are a great organic motif and add a lovely woodland charm to the album cover.


Hope you'll be inspired to try making a mini-album gift to go into that special person's stocking for Christmas. And don't forget to link up your Wrapping and Gift Tags projects to our Challenge Gallery.


Supplies  : Echo Park (For the Record 2 Handwritten, This & That Christmas Wooden Nickels & Ornaments), Pink Paislee City Sidewalks Parcel Tags, Studio Calico (Wonderland Wood Veneer Snowflake, Yearbook Most Likely), MME (All is Bright Collage, The Sweetest Thing Honey One of a Kind Label Stickers), October Afternoon Witch Hazel Tidbits, sequin stars

2 comments:

  1. I bet the ski trip was even more special since you live in sunny S! I think those of us who have 4 distinct seasons are pretty lucky! The mini is absolutely wonderful (as always) and love the handcutting :):)

    ReplyDelete