Thursday, November 7, 2013

Beck - Garage Days Layout

Good Morning!  How are we all?  Good?  Good!

I have a cute little layout to show you today, using the very cool Garage Days collection.  Just PERFECT for all those 'boy' layouts... they practically scrap themselves :)


Those of you that know me, know that my husband has been doing up a car for the past couple of years.  It is a 1983 Pontiac Trans Am (think Kitt from Knight Rider).  He is nearly at the finish line for getting it put back together, and it is getting very exciting.  We recently went on a Poker Run (an organised car cruise) with the Waimate Car Club, and good friends of ours loaned us their Holden Statesman so we could take part.  Next time we will be taking Kitt!

Here's a close up... a little bit of sewing, and some Tim Holtz die cut sprockets tucked in under the edge...



I really like the collectables that come with this range, they make adding that little something extra to your layout SO easy.

I have been working on a couple of other projects lately too, but I will have to wait until next time to show you.  In the meantime, have you caught up with the fact that Centre Stage is back?  Very cool. There's a blog post here if you want to catch up on what's going on.

Now, I want to show you what else I have been up to this week, non-scrapping wise.... I am lucky enough to be an Auntie to one very cool just-turned-3 year old, Tyler (it was his birthday yesterday).  It was my job to make his birthday cake.  Now it doesn't look like much on the outside...


Even so, he had trouble keeping his hands off it as his mother was trying to cut it...


But lookie look - it's a RAINBOW cake!  You should have seen his little eyes light up when he saw it. SO worth it when you get that sort of reaction!  


So yes, when I'm not scrapping I like to dabble in a bit of fiddly-farty baking.  I love all the fluffing around involved, not to mention the satisfaction when the recipient sees/tastes the end product.  Now you've seen what else I get up to :)

Righto, back to the task at hand... Did you know that there are some awesome prizes up for grabs with this months challenges?  Take another look at the challenge details here.  Prizes have been donated by Heidi Swapp herself, and if you are quick, you can leave a post or comment on our Facebook page by midnight Sunday November 10th for an extra Heidi prize pack.  You don't even have to MAKE anything, just leave a comment mentioning the words CENTRE STAGE or HEIDI SWAPP.  Too easy.  Go on, go do it now, I know you want to.  Oh, and good luck!

Well, time for me to head off to work.  See you again on the 21st, with some Centre Stage items.

Have a nice day ladies,

Toodles, Beck x


2 comments:

  1. Cool layout Beck and your gorgeous cake was delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE KITT CAR! The Garage collection suits it to a t.

    ReplyDelete