Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Heidi Swapp - Designer Q and A



Today we welcome back Heidi Swapp!!  Heidi is Centre Stage at Artfull Crafts for the month of November. You may have noticed that every week we've been loading up more and more of Heidi's products and each week she has been featuring on our blog. We've also been giving away prizes each week (thanks to Heidi!). Keep reading all the way to the bottom to see how you can win the prize pack shown below.


Thanks Heidi for sharing your product designing secrets with us.

 
1) How often do you produce a new release and what’s coming up that we should be excited about? 

There is constanly something in the works! Right now I have several things that are just so awesome… I can’t really tell… but I will say that I have a new collection called “my favorite things” that was totally inspired by my trip in May to New Zealand!

2) How would you describe your style of crafting? 

Shoot, I might need YOU to describe. I think I’d say it’s fun, no rules, colorful acheiveable and meaningful!

3) How do you get your creative juices flowing. What inspires you? 
Nothing inspires me more than a deadline, and a clean house!

4) Please describe the process from design concept through to product delivery. 

Starts with inspiring images and colors. I make a WISH list for the collection… start pencil sketching and concepts! I work with a graphic designer, and between us we polish it up, and create the final products! Then I wait on pins and needles until it’s in my hands!

5) What’s your personal all-time favourite Heidi Swapp range and why? 

This is a tough question. I always love the next thing coming! But I sure do love the Vintage Chic stuff… it’s the most mixable! I LOVE Memory Files… and wow, I really love Color Magic… see… too hard to pick!

Thanks Heidi for taking the time to share with us. Here's a piccie of Heidi (left) and me in Auckland this year. I really enjoyed Heidi's classes and her sense of fun!

 

Competition Time
Leave a Comment here or on our Facebook page telling us which product or range from Heidi Swapp you like the best. It's that easy!!  Be sure to check out her ranges on her blog and on the Artfull Crafts website. Do this by Sunday 24th November and we'll randomly choose a winner.

And don't forget our Monthly Challenge where we have 3 Heidi Swapp prizes up for grabs! Click here for that information. You have until Nov 29th to load up your entry.

11 comments:

  1. I love all of Heidi's products. Her collections are gorgeous and I would love to have them all. And the stencils and colour magic products are great because they can be customised to suit any and every project you're making. Which is my favourite? I cannot narrow it down to one - the colour magic range and the Believe collection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Memory Files folders. I did a class using these 2 years ago and haven't been able to source them since so I love the fact I now can!. So many great products though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val. We love the Memory Files too. We are hoping to have some on the shelves by the end of November :-)

      Delete
  3. I adore the Colour Shine mists! I am slowly collecting the entire colour collection! My latest colour is Coral - so lovely. I love the memory files concept too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the memory files. I like to be able to use multiple photos. Great idea Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are fabulous! AND you havev been randomly selected as the lucky winner for the Scrap Pack. There were 45 comments between the blog and Facebook! Please email the girls at the shop with your address and what competition you won and they will send out the prize to you :-)

      Delete
  5. Love the colour magic products and especially the alphas because you can co ordinate them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the mix of florals and animal print in the Sugar Chic range!

    ReplyDelete