Saturday, January 24, 2015

Lisa - XO layouts

Good morning! :) I hope your Saturday has started off well, and that you have a nice, relaxing weekend planned. Maybe some crafting? It's always a good time to make stuff, right?

Lisa here once more, and this time I have a couple of pages to show you that I've made using Kaisercraft's sweet XO collection. Hearts, roses, kisses and plenty of pink and red feature in this one-- perfect for Valentine cards and layouts.

On my first layout, I'm pretty sure I've managed to use almost every patterned paper in the range, without it being too overwhelming. I did this by punching out squares from the assorted sheets, and then cutting them in half on the diagonal before piecing them back together again in a random quilt design either side of my central photograph. The patterns may be diverse, but they're linked by similar colours and themes, so they go together perfectly.


On top of the paper quilt on the left, I've adhered a little floral wreath from the Collectables, and highlighted some of the flowers with some pale pink bling dots. I cut borders from the 12x12 sheets and used these at both the top and bottom of the layout, along with a few more Collectables.

The second layout has the main photo (some silly selfies of me and my husband taken on our 25th wedding anniversary) on the left, and a quote cut from the Deeply sheet on the right. A hand-torn strip from the True Love sheet anchors those elements along the bottom, and I've then layered a few Collectables, some washi tape and a wood veneer heart on top. The roses on the top right are from Crate Paper, and the black woodgrain-patterned heart is hand-stamped.


This was a lovely range to work with, and there is currently 20% off the full XO collection instore, so be sure to check it out!

As always, thanks so much for looking, and enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'll see you again soon!

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment