Saturday, May 16, 2015

Christine S. - Say Aloha

   Good day, Christine S. here.  How's it going? Got any plans this weekend? My grandmother in law is having her 85th birthday celebration today, & we'll be heading out for lunch & catch up with family which is always nice.  I'm sure she'll have a great time catching up with her great grandchildren, seeing how much they've grown up.

   Today I'm posting a layout featuring the Say Aloha collection, inspired by our May Sketch Challenge:

11205974_1024779690867154_5248449488384559960_n


I love the fact that this month's sketch has more than 1 photo in it.  Here's my take on it:

Be A Flamingo

I reckon the Say Aloha collection & this month's sketch challenge is a perfect match for me!  I've used half each of the Pina Colada & Palm papers to balance the busy pattern with a solid contrast.

003

I applied some gel medium mixed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Pretty In Pink Magical Powder through a Lattice template.  I like the subtle effect it gives through printed papers.  The color will be more visible on plain white cardstock.  I stamped some stains with the Chase Rainbows clear stamps.  They're great for adding effortless stains on your page!

010

Of course, most of my work will have touches of Tattered Angels on them.  In here I've misted the Gold Glimmer Mist throughout the page.  It really does pop on the black top half of the layout.  Aren't the Collectables & Sticker Sheet pieces fun?

I hope you enjoyed that, I had heaps of fun creating it.  It really does reflect my daughter's personality...colorful, bright & bubbly, always wanting to stand out!  Check out the Say Aloha collection here, & do join us this month for our challenges as well here.
 
Thanks heaps for dropping in & we can't wait to see all of your beautiful entries. :)

Cheers,

Christine S.

No comments:

Post a Comment