Sunday, September 27, 2015

Time Machine

Good morning crafters.

This morning I am sharing with you three layouts I have made with the lovely Kaisercraft range Time Machine . I adore the colours of this range, as I am always a sucker for teal. The papers are very suitable for masculine or heritage type pages.

In this first page, I used the acetate 12x12 paper from the collection as my base. This is why its totally see through. I quite like the effect!! I have cut circles from supporting papers in the collection and used die cuts, to add a pop of colour here and there under the clock face, following the pattern.

 For the second page, I used lots of layering of metal and die cuts, and used a metallic texture paste through a stencil. I decided to keep this fairly simple and just use the die cuts and a few scraps of paper to frame the photo, along with a piece of corrugated card.
 To be honest, I will probably re visit this page again, and add some more stamping in the background, and to add a dark brown frame around the outside. ( Thats the great thing about creating with paper....you can tweak it til you are happy.....)


This third page is my favourite!!!
I used lots of scraps of paper which were layered up, then had texture paste through a stencil applied over the top. I used diluted twinkling h2o in several different shades to add shadow around the papers. These are great to add a little pop to your page and this is one here that I used with the page.

I used a more concentrated twinkling h20 to splatter the ink after the original layer was dry.
I find its better to give the little tub a spritz with water and leave it to soften for 5 minutes before I dive into it, then I can get good concentration of colour. If I want to dilute it, I put a little onto my craft mat, and add water with my brush to get the desired colour intensity.
I also utilised the tags and tabs from the die cut set to layer under the photo and on the right hand cluster. A piece of looped twine links the two sides of the page together to get a unified design.


Thanks for looking, and I will be back soon to show you  some more pages I have been creating with the new Kaisercraft ranges.

Ciao for now

Sharon                

No comments:

Post a Comment