Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Lisa - Ma Cherie layouts

Hello again! Lisa here, and this time I have a couple of layouts to share made with the utterly gorgeous Ma Cherie papers from Kaisercraft. This range really is stunning, and I loved creating with it.

Both of the layouts were made in honour of my 26th wedding anniversary, which just so happens to be today. I'm pretty fond of the guy in the pictures with me, even after all this time, and I suspect he thinks I'm kind of okay too, because he's still around after all these years. ;)


This first layout uses the Glamour paper as a background (love that distressed paint effect!) and I've layered some of the Frilly sheet on top, tearing the edges to add some texture. My photo is layered on top of that again, and I've added a selection of some of the Collectables on the left-- there are so many gorgeous flower images in the set that it was hard to pick which ones to use. The tag sentimment underneath the cluster is from the small paper pad, as is the scalloped grey border, and the "how sweet it is to be loved by you" sentiment on the right is another Collectable. I also added some touches of gold here and there using pieces from my stash. A spatter of indian ink, and all done!

A few close up shots:





My second layout has a piece of the Fancy paper as a base, with a sheet of the Beauty design from the small paper pad layered on top, with the edges rolled and inked. Again, my photo is layered on top of that, with an assortment of Collectables clustered together, this time on the right-hand side. Almost all of the embellishments I've used on both layouts come from a single pack of Collectables, and I still have plenty left over-- which makes them such a great buy.


On the top left, I've placed a doily, with yet another Collectable sentiment on top, and another few Collectables surrounding it. More indian ink spatters finish it all off. I wanted the layouts to be slightly different, yet with a common "theme" between them, and I think I managed to achieve exactly that. I also think the touches of grey and black in the range helps stop them tipping too far over onto the overly feminine side of things, which is always a bonus.

A few close-up shots below:




If you're looking for a stunning range of papers to create with, I think that Ma Cherie fits the bill perfectly. In fact, I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible to create anything short of a masterpiece with it! You can find Ma Cherie instore here.

Thanks for looking, and I'll see you again soon! :)

Cheers,
Lisa :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment