Friday, July 22, 2016

Cards with Mademoiselle - Megan

Hello Again :)

Today Ive got three cards to show you using the Mademoiselle Collection - I loved the colours and theme behind this collection, beautiful.
I went with tried and true for these cards, nothing fussy, no mixed media, just let the paper and embellishments speak for themselves :)


First up I took a piece of 12x12 gold embossed paper and cut it to 6x6, distressing and inking along the edges. You can't tell in the photo but Ive curled the top corner over and used that as the basis of my cluster.


The quote is popped on chipboard and then the other embellishments are layered around that - sometimes you might only have one of something but chopping it half and tucking in between layers will stretch supplies further - I did that with my cog and flowers :)


I always decorate the insides of my cards as well, particularly if they're embellishment heavy on the front, the inside then stops it from being top heavy and falling over ;)


This next card I kept pretty simple, mainly because I loved these two pieces of paper :)


The cluster was created with some flat flowers and a couple of pieces from the collections pack.  The chipboard mannequin is from my stash, painted with gesso and then stamped with pinecone ink.  Ive also use pinecone for some subtle stamping in the background of the cluster.  A simple card, but really effective!


The inspiration for my third card came from the Kaisercraft blog challenge for this month, which was a sketch challenge.


Ive pretty much stuck to the sketch and just layered up different pieces from the collections pack and the cut aparts -  the 12x12 sheets with 3x4 cards on them.


Theres a few card ideas for you to end the week :)  Enjoy the weekend of craftiness ahead!
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment